4 Days hiking adventure safari Sirimon route down Chogoria
Package cost from usd $560 p.p
Hiking adventure safari
Hiking adventure safari Mount Kenya is the Shortest Mount Kenya Climbing itinerary offered by Absolute Holiday Safaris Mountain Guides with efforts to make sure all the climbers reach the summit in the shortest time possible. The Hiking Adventure Safari starts in Nairobi direct to Mount Kenya without any acclimatization through Sirimon down Chogoria Route.
– No minimum number of clients is required to book, solo travelers, are also welcomed. – Transport from Nairobi to Nanyuki on day 1 and Nanyuki to Nairobi after is by public transport. – Last day transfer with a 4×4 to Chogoria gate is also included in the Package. – Kindly climbing/Hiking gears are personal but can be hired from our guides. – Guaranteed knowledgeable Mountain Guide.
DAY 1: NAIROBI – MT.KENYA – JIDIMEER CAMP.
– Driving distance 4 hrs Nairobi – Nanyuki
– Hiking distance 9 Kms
– Hiking Hours 3 – 4 hrs
– Distance above sea level 3300m
The day starts with a Pick up by Absolute Holiday Safaris crew from your Nairobi Hotel and then be transferred to Nanyuki Route PSV vehicle for a 4-hour drive to Nanyuki town. Pick the Mountain crew and proceed further to Sirimon gate to start the Hiking Adventure Safari up to Judimeer Campsite. The track from the gate passes through the forest of indigenous trees like Podo Trees, Douglass fire, Cinder, Pine trees, Bamboo and final Health part, Dinner and overnight at the Camp.
DAY 2: JUDIMEER CAMP – SHIPTON’S CAMP.
– Hiking Distance 14 km
– Hiking Hours 6 – 7 hours
– Distance above Sea Level 4200m
Breakfast at the camp then pack your belonging to start the Hiking Adventure Safari before 0700am, the cook will have prepared your picnic Lunches and set for the Next Camp. Together with your guide follow the track to Shipton’s Camp arriving later in the evening.
DAY 3: SHIPTON’S CAMP – CHOGORIA GATE CAMPSITE.
– Distance above sea Level 4985m Point Lenana
– Distance above sea Level 2950 Chogoria Gate Campsite.
– Hiking up 3.5kms
– Hiking down Lenana to Chogoria Gate Campsite 26kms
The day starts very early in the morning at 0200am so that we can attempt the summit right on time, have breakfast then leave Shipton’s for 3 hours 30 minutes hiking adventure Safari. Point Lenana is the third highest peak in Mount Kenya and the only one that can be reached by Trekking. Reach Point Lenana in time for Sunrise and have amazing views, on a clear day you will be able to see Mount Kilimanjaro on the southern side and the Indian Ocean shining like the sun is rising.
After enjoying the summit descends down to Mintos Hut for Breakfast, the guide will allow you at least one hour to relax before proceeding further to Chogoria Gate Campsite for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: CHOGORIA CAMPSITE – NAIROBI.
– Hiking Distance 9kms
– Transfer distance with 4×4 21 km
– Driving hours on a PSV vehicle 4hrs 30 minutes
Breakfast at 0600am then leaves the campsite for a 9 km Hiking Adventure Safari, walking through the dense Bamboo forest to Vailonyi where you will meet the 4×4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Town where the Hiking Adventure safari will end. Say bye-bye to the mountain crew then with your Guide catch the Public Transport Vehicle Back to Nairobi. We will drop you either at your Nairobi Hotel or transfer you directly to the airport.
– Guaranteed trek on Confirmation. – Transfer to/from the base of the Mountain with PSV. – Full board accommodation on the mentioned camps. – All Park entrance fees and government taxes. – Services of Knowledgeable English Speaking Guide, Porter, and Cook. – 4×4 Transfer vehicle fees.
– Hiking/Climbing gears – Item of Personal Nature. – Tips to the crew. – Any extra not mentioned in the above itinerary.
– Sleeping bag mountain type. – Head Touch. – Rain Jacket and Trouser. – Warm puff jacket and Sweater. – Warm Trouser. – Thermo Pants – Hand Groves – Warm woolen hats. – Sunglasses. – Good waterproof mountain boot and warm thick socks like 3 pairs.