5 Days Sirimon down Chogoria Great Mount Kenya Package
5 Days Sirimon down Chogoria
Package cost from usd $690 p.p
– No minimum number of clients is required to book 5 days Sirimon down Chongoria, solo travelers are also welcomed.
– Transport from Nairobi to Nanyuki on day 1 and Chogoria town after 5 days Sirimon down Chogoria is by public transport.
– Last day transfer with a 4×4 to Chogoria gate is also included on the Package.
– Kindly climbing/Hiking gears are personal but can be hired from our guides.
– Guaranteed knowledgeable Mountain Guide.
– 5 days Sirimon down Chogoria provide acclimatization day before attempting the Summit.
5 days Sirimon down Chogoria is a Mount Kenya Climbing package that uses two gates of Mount Kenya and gives tourists to understand Mount Kenya Vegetation better as each side has different vegetation due to windward and leeward causes different rainfalls. The route on one side is characterized by rains and good climbing gears are required.
DAY 1: NAIROBI – SIRIMON GATE – JUDIMEER CAMP.
– Hiking distance – 9Kms
– Hiking Hours 3-4 hours
– Meters above sea Level 3300M
Leave Nairobi in the morning with your guide and drive to Nanyuki Town either by Public transports Vehicle or if in a group be given a private transfer. At Nanyuki, you will meet the Porters and the cook then proceed to Sirimon Gate where you will commence the hiking. By evening reach the old Moses camp for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: OLD MOSES – SHIPTON’S CAMP.
– Hiking distance – 14 Kms
– Hiking Hours 6-7 hours
– Meters above sea Level 4200M
Breakfast at the camp, then with your guide, porters & cook embark on 14kms hiking, you will cross Ontulili River and Liki North, continue uphill to Mackinder Valley for a panoramic view. Take Photos and continue to Shipton Camp for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 3: SHIPTON CAMP – CIRCUIT HIKE TO AUSTRIAN CAMP.
This day guided by the guide you will walk to acclimatize for the peak, walk to Kami Huts and down to Houseberg lakes then return to Austrian Hut for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: AUSTRIAN HUTS – POINT LENANA – MT. MERU BANDAS.
– Hiking distance – 14 Kms
– Hiking Hours 6 hours
– Meters above sea Level up 4985m & down 2950m
Start hiking by 0300am for 3 hours up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff to point Lenana, 0630am be at the peak first to witness the sunrise. After descend for 2 hours to Mintos Huts for breakfast. Relax a bit and descend further to Mount Meru Bandas 2950m for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 5: MT. MERU BANDAS – CHOGORIA GATE – NAIROBI.
– Hiking distance – 15 Kms
– Hiking Hours 2 hours
Breakfast at the Bandas then descends to Chogoria Gate where a 4×4 vehicle will meet you for a Transfer to Chogoria Town where the 5 days Sirimon down Chogoria will end. Say bye-bye to the Porters and Cook, with your guide catch a shuttle, and return back to Nairobi. Drop off at the airport or Nairobi Hotel for the safari.
– Guaranteed 5 days Sirimon down Chogoria trek on Confirmation.
– Transfer to/from the base of the Mountain with PSV.
– Full board accommodation on the mentioned camps.
– All Park entrance fees and government taxes.
– Services of Knowledgeable English Speaking Guide, Porter, and Cook.
– 4×4 Transfer vehicle fees.
– Hiking/Climbing gears
– Item of Personal Nature.
– Tips to the crew.
– Any extras not mentioned in the above itinerary.
– Sleeping bag mountain type.
– Head Touch.
– Rain Jacket and Trouser.
– Warm puff jacket and Sweater.
– Warm Trouser.
– Thermo Pants
– Hand Groves
– Warm woolen hats.
– Good waterproof mountain boot and warm thick socks like 3 pairs.