4 DAYS ADVENTURE MOUNT KENYA SIRIMON DOWN CHOGORIA
Package cost from usd $560 p.p
– No minimum number of clients is required to book, solo travelers are also welcomed.
– Transport from Nairobi to Nanyuki day 1 and Nanyuki to Nairobi after is by public Transport.
– Last day transfer with a 4×4 to Chogoria gate is also included on the Package.
– Kindly climbing/Hiking gears are personal but can be hired from our guides.
– Guaranteed knowledgeable Mountain Guide.
DAY 1: NAIROBI – MT.KENYA – JIDIMEER CAMP.
– Driving distance 4 hrs Nairobi – Nanyuki
– Hiking distance 9 Kms
– Hiking Hours 3 – 4 hrs
– Distance above sea level 3300m
The day start with a Pick up by Absolute Holiday Safaris crew from your Nairobi Hotel and then be transferred to Nanyuki Route PSV vehicle for a 4 hours drive to Nanyuki Town. Pick the Mountain crew and proceed further to Sirimon gate, where you will start the Hiking up to Judimeer Campsite. The track from the gate pass through the forest of indigenous trees like Podo Trees, Douglass fire, Cinder, Pine trees, Bamboo and final Health part, Dinner and overnight at the Camp.
DAY 2: JUDIMEER CAMP – SHIPTONS CAMP.
– Hiking Distance 14 kms
– Hiking Hours 6 – 7 hours
– Distance above Sea Level 4200m
Breakfast at the camp then pack your belonging to start Hiking before 0700am, the cook will have prepared your picnic Lunches and set for the Next Camp. Together with your guide follow the track to shiptons Camp arriving later in the evening.
DAY 3: SHIPTONS CAMP – POINT LENANA- CHOGORIA GATE CAMPSITE.
– Distance above sea Level 4985m Point Lenana
– Distance above sea Level 2950 Chogoria Gate Campsite.
– Hiking up 3.5kms
– Hiking down lenana to Chogoria Gate Campsite 26kms
The day starts very early in the morning at 0200am so that we can attempt the summit right on time, have breakfast then leave shiptons for a 3 hours 30 minutes hiking. Point Lenana is the third highest peak in Mount Kenya and the only one that can be reached by Trekking. Reach Point Lenana in time for Sunrise and have amazing views, on a clear day you will be able to see Mount Kilimanjaro on the southern side and the Indian Ocean shining as the sun is rising.
After enjoying the summit descends down to Mintos Hut for Breakfast, guide will allow you at least one hour to relax before proceed further to Chogoria Gate Campsite for Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: CHOGORIA CAMPSITE – NAIROBI.
– Hiking Distance 9kms
– Transfer distance with 4×4 21 kms
– Driving hours on a PSV vehicle 4hrs 30 minutes
Breakfast at 0600am then leave the campsite for a 9 kms walk through the dense Bamboo forest to Vailonyi where you will meet the 4×4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Town. Say bye bye to the mountain crew then with your Guide catch the Public Transport Vehicle Back to Nairobi. We will drop you either at your Nairobi Hotel or transfer you direct to airport.
– Guaranteed trek on Confirmation.
– Transfer to/from the base of the Mountain with PSV.
– Full board accommodation on the mentioned camps.
– All Park entrance fees and government taxes.
– Services of Knowledgeable English Speaking Guide, Porter and Cook.
– 4×4 Transfer vehicle fees.
– Hiking/Climbing gears
– Item of Personal Nature.
– Tips to the crew.
– Any extra not mentioned in the above itinerary.
– Sleeping bag mountain type.
– Head Touch.
– Rain Jacket and Trouser.
– Warm puff jacket and Sweater.
– Warm Trouser.
– Thermo Pants
– Hand Groves
– Warm woolen hats.
– Sun glasses.
– Good water proof mountain boot and warm thick socks like 3 pairs.